Human Resources Specialist
We are looking for an HR Specialist who is interested in building our HR system from scratch. The duties will involve managing all HR activities from A to Z, including job design, recruitment, employee relations, performance management and training & development. We are looking to add an experienced HR Specialist to our team who will get our company culture and help it thrive.
We know that our people are our most valuable asset, and we want to continue to ensure everyone has a happy and productive workplace in which they can thrive. We are growing faster than ever right now, but we still have our start-up feel. Our company culture is why we have come so far, and we want someone to help take us even further.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Be the go-to person for employee relations by addressing demands or any other issues
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Support current, and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of our employees
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program
- Assess training needs, design and monitor training programs
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Degree in Human Resources
- CHRP, CHRL or CHRE a plus!
- Experience in HR field
- People-oriented and results-driven
- Demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics
- Ability to architect strategy and HR systems
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of Canadian labour law and HR best practices
- Dental, Health and Vision coverage
- Dog-friendly office
- Cell phone, phone plan and laptop covered
- 10 am-6 pm work schedule, skip the traffic!
- Continuous learning opportunities and access to online resources such as Udemy
- Workplace lunches, group outings, and the most exciting holiday party you’ve ever attended.
Earth Rated is a small, but growing Canadian company with a strong market presence. We take pride in our product and stand by it 100%. We offer a great work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and an all around awesome experience. We are seeking talented, creative and dynamic people who share a passion for dogs and who can grow within the company.